Friday, August 24, 2012

Katy Perry: Part Of Me review

hiyaa!!
This is a movie review for Katy Perry: Part Of Me !

So, I received a call from Red FM this afternoon to informed that I just won a pair of tix for the movie Part Of Me 3D. That was indeed a good news because I can watch movie for free, is a 3D passes and since my parents are not at home, my dinner is settled! So I told my sis and I took bus to Mid Valley to meet her for dinner and movie.



Basically this is a documentary about Katy Perry's life on and off stage. At the intro to the movie, there's a violin version of "Part Of Me" and I just hum that song to myself. You know, music can kinda controls you sometimes, even in a cinema. lol

If any of you have watched Justin Bieber Never Say Never movie before, this Katy Perry movie/documentary is more or less the same as that. Tbh, I didn't watch Justin Bieber's movie from the beginning till the ending, but I think I would prefer Katy Perry's one *no offend*. This movie documented her dream since she was small. She was up bringing in a Christian family which her father and mother are kinda strict to 3 of their children and what they listened to all the time were just Gospel music even when she got her 1st guitar, the music she composed were all gospel music until one day she had a chance to get out from her own world and listened to music other than gospel music, her life changed. She started to pursuits her dream, left her home to LA and signed under Glen Ballard, a producer.

She went through different countries in 365 days for her California Dreams Tour. Certainly, that's not an easy job, Even a superman needs a day or more to rest, so does Katy Perry. Her tour was overwhelmed with glamorous dresses, amazing crew, colourful stage deco, thousands and thousands of crazy fans(Katy Cats) and nevertheless the dream of the one and only Katy Perry.

There is a part in the movie is about the relationship of her with her ex-husband Russell Brand. That was the part which almost makes me cry. You can see the love sparkling between them. During the tour, Katy tried her best to spent her few rest days to fly to wherever Russell was just to show that she does care and make an effort to keep this going. She had thought that is bullsh*t when people said they have to choose between career and relationship but in reality, she has to and that leads to the what we can see now, divorce. In the movie, she break down during the tour at Brazil. That was a heartache moment when she's crying but still has to fake a smile at the moment on the stage. This is her, her goal is to make every single fans to carry a smile while listening to her singing. In the interview, can see that she still miss those days and miss him, but in reality everything just can't be perfect, you just have to sacrifice something in order to get another thing.
Somehow, I think they made a great couple. =)

There are few artists that gave their supports to Katy such as Adele, Jessie J and few more. =) Since this is a documentary about her, of course there would be songs in it too. Everytime when a song played in the movie, I feel like singing along but DUH, is a cinema of course I won't. Lol Every song lyrics of her, there are meanings behind. Not only for her songs but I believe most of the artists' songs are the same. Song isn't just there for you to listen and thats all, it somehow connects us to the inner side of the singers and it speaks out our own feelings sometimes.

To me, a singer's big satisfaction is that the listener could appreciate what he/she did off the stage, appreciate the songs and link yourself to the songs. For Katy Perry, what she has now is certainly not overnight success, she did a lot and sacrifice a lot for herself to come this far. We might not see their efforts, but please give some credits to them and respect them.

Now, I have so much respect to this lady -  Katy Perry.
*ps: she looks fab even without makeup!* ;)

I feel inspiring, uplifting and I recommend you to watch this movie/documentary no matter if you are a fans of her or just want to listen to her music.
This movie is released in Malaysia on 30 August 2012.

This, is a dream of a California Girl.

Katy Perry: Part Of Me 3D Premiere Screening

No comments:

Post a Comment